A Significant Moment In Time
For every human being on the planet, there comes a moment of significance within their (lifetime) timeline. This moment can put an individual into the history books, change the course of society, heighten our understanding of science or can simply give one, peace, with another human being. This moment of definition can be fundamental: to a small number of people, touch a community, change the world or be much more of a personal footing.
Furthermore, no matter which way you look at your timeline of life; one moment will give you purpose in what we define as reality. A person’s timeline of life is packed with many little moments of things that will be remembered. For some people, it might be several moments of ‘huge moments’ that define the whole timeline as one large moment of significance. This can be quite hard to visualise, so, I will go into more detail (with images) within this article.
Defining a moment of significance
A moment that means something! can come from many avenues throughout a timeline. They can be categorised into the following areas:
- Family Life
- Love life
- Personel achievements
This list covers most areas that can project a moment of significance. A person’s career is a good example. Let’s say you are an actor and your whole lifespan covers many different films, awards and achievements. There may be one film that defines that actor, one film that pushed their career into the limelight, one film that made the most sales at the box office or one film that won an academy award. Overall, their whole career is a moment of significance that can be broken down into small segments. The most important moment can only be defined by the individual themselves. This can change as time goes on and fluctuate between even more or less significant points in time.
Other people who spectate and enjoy that actor, may have their own moment of significance that defines the actor in question. This is a variable that changes with choice and perception. Overall, the actor will fall into one or all of these secondary categories:
- Small moments that lead to one moment
- Large moments that lead to one moment
- Small and large moments that lead to the overall moment
- One moment of significance.
Here is a visual perspective of each moment. These moments can be arranged in whatever sequence throughout the timeline.
Understanding these moments can help with your overall goals in life. If you feel frustrated, like your wasting your time, depressed, unhappy with your current situation; try and break your moments of life into segments and achievements. It might be that you’re not actually bothered about achieving anything. However, you have just overlooked the message of this article. A moment of significance can be something simple, timeless or something you can’t see. Here a few that will make you smile:
- Giving birth to your child or children
- The day you got married
- That top job you won in a really hard interview process
- The dream home you just walked into
- The garden you planted finally coming into bloom
- The new business you’ve been working on for ten years to get started
- Writing your first indie or published book
- Having a moment of clarity that gives you an idea to do something
- You start talking to your close family members again
- Reading a story to your grandchildren
- Walking along the coast of Scotland and feeling the cold air filling your lungs
- Sitting in an old pub and enjoying the ambience that defines this exact moment in time.
Now that you understand how the significance timeline works. Don’t be too hard on yourself when measuring your success, personal abilities, family life or anything else against your friends and family. Your moment of significance might have already happened, is still to happen or is everything you have put together throughout your life; no matter how big or small.